Fresh blueberries can be eaten fresh, used in baked goods, and are a great healthy addition to smoothies and milkshakes.
To maximize the lifespan of your blueberries, follow these general rules:
- Properly covered fresh blueberries can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 – 10 days.
- Prior to consumption or use, soak blueberries in a container of cool water or lightly rinse in a colander.
Freeze them to last all year long!
- Place washed blueberries in a single layer on a flat pan or cookie sheet.
- Place in freezer until frozen.
- Transfer frozen berries into an airtight plastic bag or container.
- Rinse before use.